Saturday, September 21, 2013

Goodwill Outlet Haul #3

A few weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. Boohoo, sob, sob. Anyways, the awesome part about it was that he paid me back some money that he owed me, which meant that I could go do some hard-earned retail therapy shopping at the Goodwill Outlet! My dad was cool enough to pick me up from school early and bring me to the Outlet, where I spent 6 hours digging through the pain of heartbreak (and junk) to find awesome treasures. I also got the number of some dude, which was pretty sweet as I had no makeup on and was wearing my post-break-up baggy sweats. The haul from my trip and how much I paid for everything is below:



A THERMOS Lunchbox (W/out cup)



Ultralite Samsonite Suitcase
(has monogrammed "L" on it)



Gold and Black Hip-Hop Hat
(Still has tags, will use for Hip Hop Club's costumes)



Vintage Bold Red Dress Suit



Orange/Yellow Scarf



Vintage Fundamental Things/ILGWU Pants



Soft Pink Sweater



Vintage "Spice of Life" Pyrex Container



 Five Vintage Canning Jars
(One "Ball", two "star", one "Atlas", one "Magic")



Vintage "Treasure Island" Book
(Published in 1947)



Vintage Books
(Left- published in 1877, right- published in 1872)



Vintage "French Classical Romances" Book
(Published in 1902)



 Vintage Literature Book
(Published in 1929)



Leather Croft & Barrow Wallet
(New with tags)



Traveling Jewelry Box



Small cute wicker basket



 (Funny) Vintage Apron



More All-Silk Men's Ties
(One is a "fancy" Donald J. Trump tie... I thought it was funny he had his own line of ties) 



 Green Military-Style Paul Frank Jacket
(It was basically new without tags. Really good condition)



 Small French "Limoges" Egg



 Basket/Box Fillers
(For shipping sold merchandise)



 Vintage Velvet Purse



Vintage Beaded Purse



Small Green Canvas and Leather Backpack



Small Bright Pink Canvas and Leather Backpack



 Blue High-Low Dress With Lace Detail



Vintage Handmade Scalloped Shirt



AND THE MOST INTERESTING FIND:


Red Leather Bag of Some-Sort
Still trying to figure this one out. There are no maker's markings whatsoever. I have no idea when this was made and haven't found an item similar to this one to compare it to. The design of the bag is very interesting and unique- it has a clasp in the front, a leather strap that goes through the middle of it, and a chain with a leather strap on the back of it. If anyone has any ideas as to what this is or when it was made, feel free to leave a comment or something.



AND I PAID:


$32.87 for 36.98 lbs of stuff!


The most expensive item was probably the suitcase, but I have a weakness for really good quality vintage luggage. I'm going to sell a few of these items and will either break even or (hopefully) make a few extra bucks. Overall, it was a pretty good day. The haul I found definitely helped to cure some of my heartbrokenness. And thanks to that trip, I realized that break-ups don't always HAVE to be completely bad... especially when it leads to shopping and retail therapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment