Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Garage Sale Haul #1

If you've read any of my previous posts, you know that I love to thrift. A couple of weekends ago, my mom and I decided to spend some quality time together shopping at garage sales. We had a shared budget of $60. Below are some pictures of what I bought with my share of the budget. A lot of the things I got I already put away and/or are in use, so some of the pictures aren't exactly what they look like in real life.

Vintage brass/jade cufflinks ($5.00)
Vintage brown clip-on Italian earrings ($0.50)

Vintage red beaded clip-on earrings made in Western Germany ($0.50)

Vintage flower locket with unique chain ($1.00)
6 piece pocket-sized tool set ($0.50)

HMDX portable blue speakers ($1.00)
3 new (with sticker) Bath & BodyWorks twilight woods shower gel ($0.25 ea)
New (with tags) Hollister winter scarf ($1.00)


And the best $20 find of the day:
A 7-drawer brown vintage vanity desk (with the mirror).
This will be my new project, as I am going to paint it "antique white" to match my headboard. I'll post pictures of this when it is finished. Wish me luck (I've never attempted to re-do furniture before)!

No comments:

Post a Comment