Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fame or Passion?

Today's food for thought:

People are too focused on being famous. You’re either passionate about being known or are known for how passionate you are. Which are you?" - Keone Madrid


I would be lying if I said that I didn't want to be famous when I grew up. But when I read this quote from one of my favorite hip hop choreographers of all time, Keone Madrid, I seriously started thinking about where my priorities lie. It is true that I am in love with doing multiple things (acting, writing, dancing, making movies) that could lead me to fame and fortune. But I have to remember that I should be doing the things I love because I love doing them, not because they could potentially make me famous. Every now and then my drive and ambition is for the wrong reasons, and I need to make sure I keep my passions above the reward. I don't know what I'm going to do for a career, but I know in a heartbeat that I will choose a career that makes me feel fulfilled and happy than a job that I hate and makes me a lot of money. Just my two cents.



Yours truly,
Jazmyne

No comments:

Post a Comment