Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I know I'm a bit late, but I really wanted to share what my New Year's Resolutions were. If not for you guys, for myself, so that way I'll have a harder time forgetting them. Here you go:


  • Get back into hot yoga
    • I did hot yoga over the summer last year and it was AWESOME. I really want to go back and do it again for an extended time period. It really cleanses the body out and makes you feel refreshed and ready to go
  • Have a healthier diet
    • I'm not doing this because I want to lose weight. I simply want to feel healthier and more energetic and like I have more stamina. So, no more cake or chocolate or excessive vegetarian bacon.
  • Dance more
    • Hip hop dancing is one of my passions. I really need to start choreographing more this year.
  • Move into step-family's house
    • This has been loooooong overdue. We've been meaning to move into our stepfamily's house for like...9 years. I think it's time. (Especially since I'll be graduating soon)
  • Get rid of things I don't need/are old
    • I really don't want to be on the next episode of "Hoarders". Time to get rid of my old stuff.
  • Buy new furniture for my room
    • Time to hit up Goodwill Outlet and look for a new desk and some new shelf/storage space for my room. I've had relatively the same furniture since 3rd grade.
  • Care more about fashion and less about makeup
    • I really love fashion and going thrift store shopping. I need to shop more this year and expand and flesh out my wardrobe so that way I can be hitting up the streets in style. I DON'T want to care about the small imperfections of my face and let those imperfections control whether or not I think I look good. I don't need makeup to feel beautiful. 
  • Grow out my hair
    • Last year I experimented with different short-medium hairstyles. Time to grow it out and see what happens
  • Keep in touch with people
    • I really need to do a better job managing friendships and keeping in touch with people I don't see every day at school.
  • Don't be a pushover- be confident!
    • I can't let other people step on me and make me feel inferior. I have to assert myself and be confident and independent in order to be happy and feel important.

No comments:

Post a Comment